Monday, January 26, 2009

Recent Happenings

So here is an update since I have been such a slacker- I apologize immensely to those of you who enjoy reading this, I am not sure how many people that applies to but, I am sorry! The reason for my absence is that I have not taken many pictures since Wednesday so this post in going to be a lot more words than pictures but I guess we will see who the faithful are from who actually reads this post :)
Some quick updates! Thursday I found my souvenir, I bought a sweet rugby jersey, it is an English national team jersey and it is way cool! That purchase pretty much made my Thursday until our whole group went to a concert at Royal Festival Hall Thursday night- it was amazing. We heard the London Philharmonia play and they played Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto with this pianist who was amazing, I do not have words for just how talented he was. I had a perfect view of his hands and I could not take my eyes off of them, it was amazing!
Friday Maddie, Melissa and I went to the biggest mall in all of England- it was huge. This mall was so big that is felt overwhelming and I got very tired very quickly. This was the first time in my life that I have seen a Prada store. I also saw Versace, Dior and Tiffany's- I think there was a wealthy person part of the mall but there was also a regular person part of the mall and that is where we spent most of our time.
Saturday was pretty much a resting day, I did some homework, watched The Office and went for a run to a new park that I really liked called Holland Park- it was beautiful!!!
Sunday was pretty exciting! On the way to church, our train was cancelled so we had to find another train to church which was an adventure but we conquered! The three girls that I go to church with and I all spoke in Sacramet this week (so if we wouldn't have made it to church that would have made church pretty exciting for the bishopric :) Our talks went well! A member of the ward told me that he calls the girls from BYU "Brigham's Angels" because we make everything so much better! It was precious! I am the primary pianist/singing time organizer so I did that this Sunday. Singing time went well and I am really excited to get even more comfortable with my calling and the kids! All the kids in our primary are African and they are all wonderful, a little wild, but wonderful!
Today I went to the National Gallery for an assignment and then my friend Melissa and I decided that we wanted to walk home from there. I love the tube, don't get me wrong, but I find that since I do most of my traveling underground that I have zero sense of direction overground so today we decided to tackle this problem! Melissa and I walked home from Trafalgar Square today and I am counting that as a big accomplishment! On the way home we saw Green Park, Buckingham Palace and the gardens surrounding it, it was a beautiful walk and we got all the way home. This is what I saw on the way home and I had to take a picture. I think this is the first sunset I have seen since I have been here and it made me so incredibly happy!!

1 comment:

  1. Mary, just so you know that you have a faithful blog watcher I am saying yeah for your and your good blogging. What a wonderful history you are making and it is fun for me to have a vicarious London experience sans the running part. I know what you mean about not knowing how to get around above ground. I feel like that when we go to NYC because we ride from place to place on the subway. I love you. MOm

    ReplyDelete