Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Guess Who I Met Today!!!!

I was going to lie and try to get everyone to believe that I met all these famous people today but then I decided that I didn't want to compromise my morals :) As today was inauguration day Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum decided that they would give free admission to Americans because the British people love Obama. So we all grabbed our passports and headed to the museum.
The museum was really fun! There is no way I would pay the normal price of like 25 pounds to view a large number of rather eerie looking wax figures but free was good! Free is my favorite price! We had a really great time taking funny pictures with all the figures, pretending to be famous and making fools of our selves. It is really fun getting to know the girls in my program better, getting to be better friends and getting to be more comfortable here. Here, on the right, is me and Maddie and Melissa with Zac Efron, aka, Troy Bolton from High School Musical 1, 2 and 3. They had an entire room dedicated to High School Musical and they took pictures of this scene and tired to sell them to you just like they do on amusement park rides... I guess standing by a fake Zac Efron is kind of like an amusement park ride, ok, maybe not :)
I felt as though I had to post this picture of me and Ringo and George and Paul and John. The Beatles seem even cooler in London, I am not sure why that is but that is how I feel :) So here are a couple of my favorite pictures from the day, I met some pretty famous wax figures.

There is the evidence, me giving advice to Tiger on a tough put and taking a victory lap with Lance. I only stood in a long line for one picture and that was this one with Barack Obama. We figured it was an appropriate thing to do since it was inauguration day and all. We were able to watch the inauguration ceremony today at the center. It felt good to be in touch with something that was going on back home. I won't take sides here but I will say that I have faith. I have faith in people and faith in our country. Things are in the Lord's hands and whatever needs to happen will happen. With a president that makes as good a wax statue as Barrack, we should be great right? I sure hope so.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool my sister!! How nice that they make it so convenient to take pictures!! You look great and it was so fun to chat!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so cute with lance, jake is jealous

    ReplyDelete