Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Bird's Eye View


For those of you who have ever been to London or have ever seen a picture of the London skyline you have most likely seen the large ferris wheel structure that sits on the bank of the Thames. Even though this picture looks a little bit like a back drop, I promise we were there today and, since the sun was shining, we decided to take a flight. The tickets were a little pricey but I figured that this is an experience that I can have no where else so I dished out the 15 pounds and got into the little glass capsule with my friends Maddie, Melissa and Hillary.
The ride was nothing short of breathe taking. I am not sure exactly what was taking my breathe, the height or the views. I never knew that I had any kind of a height problem but while I was in the eye and approaching the top I was feeling just a little bit nervous. Don't worry, everything was ok! My capsule didn't spontaneously break off and fall into the Thames or anything so, all in all, it was a success!
It was incredible to see London from the point of view that we did and on such a beautiful day! We were able to find Big Ben and Parliament (I would be a little worried if we couldn't :) we also saw Buckingham Palace, St. Paul's Cathedral, and Westminster Abbey. It was cool to be able to point out all those places and know what they were and where they were, I am starting to feel a little bit more like a Londoner!
I will share some more of the pictures that we took from the eye so everyone can get the full experience... or as full of an experience that you can from a blog :) It was tricky to get good shots because of the position of the sun- I am not as good as Rodg so, bear with my amateur pictures. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment