Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Lake Blanche

The great thing about requesting off of work for a surgery and then having that surgical procedure pushed back is that I ended up with a week of time that I can choose whether I want to work or not. Today, I chose not. Instead of being responsible and picking up a shift, I went on a sweet hike in Big Cottonwood Canyon. It was beautiful and a pretty good workout. We gained 2,700 feet in elevation over almost 3 miles- it was pretty steep, most of the time! I am looking forward to having some more great adventures this week with all of my free time- starting tomorrow when I leave for Logan. Conveniently this time off is falling over the Fourth of July, that might have been planned... Here are some pics from today!
This is just one of many breathtaking views from the trail

A little collage of what the lake looked like... in case you were wondering what it felt like, it was cold.

Me and Lake Blanche

No comments:

Post a Comment