Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Paris Part 2!

Day two in Paris started early. I got up so I could go running and then be ready for breakfast by 7:30 so, for those of you who might have thought this was a vacation- not quite :) Our second day was occupied by climbing the Eiffel Tower, seeing the Catacombs, sitting in Luxembourg Gardens, visiting the Pantheon, meeting Mona Lisa, walking through the Tuillerie Gardens and down the Champs Elysee and ended with the light show at the Eiffel Tower. It was jam packed and a little bit tiring but so fun!!!
A look at Paris from above 1000 feet!
Melissa and me at the top of the tower- getting to the top was a little rough for me, the elevator made me a little nervous but once we got up there I was fine!This was taken down in the Catacombs- might be the creepiest place I have ever been but I just loved it! I am such an anatomy nerd!! I loved seeing all the different bones and telling the girls I was with which bones were which bones and what the different parts were called- I had a blast. Over one million Parisians have their bones in the Catacombs due to the fact that the cemeteries were all cleared out to make way for development in Paris while the city was still... developing...

So we were a little bit tuckered out and on our way to the Pantheon we saw these beautiful gardens and decided it would be a good idea to take a little break. After a half an hour nap in the sun we were all ready to go again!!!!

There was a protest on the street leading up to the Pantheon- kind of different, kind of exciting.The Pantheon was really cool! We got to see a lot of famous people who are buried in the crypt like Victor Hugo, Louis Braille and Marie Curie- just to name a few.

We headed off to the Louvre after the Catacombs and I have never been to a larger museum in my life!! We were inside the museum for multiple hours and I think I saw about 1/32 of the collection that is housed there. We saw the Mona Lisa, of course, and this statue is the Venus de Milo- pretty cool!I just had to put this picture up because it is so CooL! I also have to give a shout-out to my friend Kiely who was the expert photographer!!

We walked through the gardens in front of the Louvre en route to...THIS! The Arc de Triumph via the Champs Elysee!

This day ended with crepes and the Eiffel Tower light show... again! It was a crazy day but so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment